We have made choosing subjects at Girraween High School as easy as possible with our subject selection books as guides. In Year 8 students choose 3 electives for Yr 9, while in Year 1o students choose all their subjects.
Year 8 Subject Selection Book
Year 10 Subject Selection Book
Cross curriculum content enriches and supports the learning areas and adds depth to student learning.
In NSW students study a range of learning across the curriculum content.
Cross curriculum priorities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures
- Asia and Australia’s engagement with Asia
- critical and creative thinking
- ethical understanding
- information and communication technology capability
- intercultural understanding
- personal and social capability
Other learning across the curriculum areas
- civics and citizenship
- difference and diversity
- work and enterprise.
© NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) for and on behalf of the Crown in right of the State of New South Wales, 2012