Applications for Year 8 to Year 11 entry to Girraween High School open on Tuesday 20th June 2023 and close Friday July 21st 2023. No Late applications will be accepted.
To apply for Girraween High School entry 2024, you need to do the following:
1. Complete the following School Form (click here)
2. Print and complete the application Form below
3. Pay the application fee via https://girraween-h.schools.nsw.gov.au/payment.html#/student-details
4. Submit / bring in Application Form into office at Girraween High School along with the payment and relevant documentation listed below.
5. $100 application fee: If you are sitting the exam at Girraween High School (choice 1) or $40 if your child is undertaking HAST at another school.
The HAST Selective exam will be held on Saturday 5th August 2023.
Students must compete academically with all other candidates for entry to Girraween High School.
In determining academic merit, the selection committee will consider:
- The results of the entry test
- The application with its supporting documentation as listed below.
- Original Birth Certificate, Australian Citizenship, Permanent Residency Certificate or Visa.
- Photocopies of student's 2021 half-yearly and yearly reports, and the 2022 half-yearly report.
- Photocopies of last NAPLAN report.
- Photocopies of external academic achievements for the past two years.
- Photocopies of evidence of participation in extra-curricular activities.
Any other information supplied by the candidate.
There are only a few enrolment positions available at Girraween High School in Years 8, 9 and 11. In Year 10, Girraween High School enrols an additional 20 students above our current enrolment.
You are entitled to apply for entry up to a maximum of 3 selective high schools. Each high school must receive their own application form and the order of preference must be listed the same on all applications. If the test date is the same, the student is to sit the test at their first preference school.
Girraween High School shares results with
- Caringbah High School
- Fort Street High School (Year 11 Exam)
- Gosford High School
- Hornsby Girls High School
- Hurlstone Agricultural High School
- Northern Beaches Secondary College Manly Campus
- Penrith High School
- Sydney Technology High School
- St George Girls High School
Students cannot automatically transfer between selective high schools. If a student is already enrolled at a selective high school and wants to go to another, the parents must fill out an application form for entry and lodge it directly with the selective high school they want their child to attend and follow their application procedures.
Enrolment into Year 12 would, in the majority of circumstances, be an educational disadvantage for the student. Therefore enrolment into Year 12 would be highly unlikely and would be at the discretion of the Principal and the School's Director Educational Leadership.
Girraween High School Enrolment Policy.
The test focuses on reading comprehension, written expression, mathematical reasoning and abstract reasoning.
View a copy of the candidate information bulletin (PDF 374KB) for more information regarding the test
A higher ability selection test (HAST) sample question booklet has been developed in response to candidates wanting to know what the actual test is like. This booklet is suitable for Year 7 and 8.
There is no specific sample question book for Years 9 to 11, however Acer bookshop has advised us that the Acer scholarship test sample collection of questions is very similar to HAST test and is an option. this booklet includes a section for junior, middle and senior secondary levels however they do not include abstract reasoning. To purchase an online practice test for level 2 (Year 9 to 10) and level 3 (Year 11), parents will need to create a parent account in the scholarship online application system to purchase.
For further information about these tests please contact Acer.
Phone: 03 9277 5447
Fax: 03 9277 5499
Please complete application checklist (PDF 69KB) and attach to application package.
Subjects Offered at GHS
The three links below give an overview of subjects we offer at Girraween High School. Once students are offered a position at this school they will be asked to choose their subjects / electives based on line structure and availability.
Year 10 2022 Elective Line Structure